on the real: the lime zest takes this sauce to a new level of awesome.
auditory pairing: the antlers - bear
almond panna cotta with blueberry lime sauce
from chocolate and tea
yields 8 servings
- 4 c half & half (or heavy cream if you're feeling randy)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 packets powdered gelatin (4 1/2 tsp)
- 6 tbsp cold water
1. spray 8 ramekins with pam
2. in a large saucepan heat cream and sugar until sugar fully dissolves (medium-high heat, few minutes)
3. remove from heat and stir in the extract
4. in a small bowl add the 6 tbsp cold water, sprinkle the gelatin over it. let sit 5-10 mins.
5. after gelatin has set, stir into the cream and sugar mixture until the gelatin completely dissolves.
6. pour the panna cotta into the ramekins. chill in fridge for 3-4hrs, until panna cotta has set.
7. when ready to serve, run a knife around the edge of each ramekin and invert onto a plate
blueberry lime sauce
- 2 c blueberries (1 pint)
- 2 limes
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
1. zest each lime, take one of the limes and juice it. set juice aside.
2. in a large saucepan combine blueberries, lime zest, juice of 1 lime, and sugar
3. let simmer over medium heat for 10 mins (if blueberries frozen add 5-10 mins more) stirring occasionally
4. once the blueberries have softened and released their juices, add the cornstarch to thicken
5. refrigerate until ready to use
6. pour over inverted panna cotta and eat QUICKLY!