sorry for the hiatus. i was on a lengthy mission to pluto, when news finally got to me that it's now considered just a dwarf planet. i guess my mission was all a LIE. but on the real, my dad had been fighting cancer and finally lost his battle in june. r.i.p. best daddy ever.
back to being droll. this blueberry lb cake is boss. so make it with double rainbow conviction.
auditory pairing: local natives - wide eyes
blueberry pound cake
adapted from rasa malaysia (love that site)
yields 1 bundt cake
-1 c butter, softened
-2 c sugar
-1 tsp almond extract
-3 c flour, divided
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 1/2 c blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. preheat oven to 325F. cream butter and sugar. add eggs one by one and beat until light and fluffy (should look like the second photo). add almond.
2. sift 2 c of the flour, salt, and baking powder together. add this to the creamed mixture and beat.
3. dredge berries in remaining 1 c of flour. gently fold floured berries into batter.
4. grease the bundt pan with cooking spray. dust with flour. pour batter into pan.
5. bake 1hr to 1hr 15min, until cake is set (check with toothpick/skewer). set on rack to cool a bit, then invert onto platter/plate.
6. eat it, eat it good!