auditory pairing: cee-lo green - puck you
broccoli cheddar soup (scroll down for p^4)
yields 10 servings
-1/4 c butter
-1 onion, diced medium
-2 tsp garlic, fresh chopped
-1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
-1 lb fresh broccoli florets
-4 c chicken/veggie bouillon
-1/2 c all purpose flour
-1.5 c fat free half and half
-8 oz shredded sharp cheddar
-salt, to taste
1. melt the butter over medium heat. add onion, cook until softened (few minutes).
2. add garlic and pepper, cook 1 min
3. stir in broccoli, stir in bouillon, bring to a boil, then simmer 10-15min until broccoli is tender
4. whisk flour into half and half until dissolved (i first whisk all the flour into 1/4 cup half and half until a paste is formed as shown in the picture above, then add the rest of the half and half). stir into soup stirring frequently until thickened.
5. reduce heat to low, stir in cheese until melted. fix seasonings. CONSUME!
puff pastry pot pies
yields as many as youd like to make.
one puff pastry pack will yield 9 pot pies.
-puff pastry pack
6. prehear oven to 400F. roll out puff pastry sheet. slice into 9 equal portions.
7. roll out second sheet and do the same.
8. grease as many ramekins as you wish (in this case, 9 [in my picture i only made 3 so i used 2/3 of one sheet to have 6 squares]).
9. fit one square rolled puff pastry into each ramekin. fill with soup. and top with second square of puff pastry.
10. bake 20-25mins until puff pastry is GASP...puffed, and golden.